12.01.2013

Brightly Colored

Hello Lovelies!

Sometimes I wish the California weather would make up its mind. One day cold and rainy, and then the next day it is hot. Well guess what my dear friends...today it is a very warm 85 degrees! With such extreme temperatures, it makes it very difficult to blog according to the season. While others around the world are dressed in cozy sweaters and coats, I find myself still reaching for my summer favorites in bright colors. Honestly, it is autumn here in Cali. You'll find evidence in the bare trees that appear in the photos. Oh well, I'm sure there will be many more times when I'll have to pull from my spring and summer wardrobe.

Today's outfit consist of a silk maxi skirt by BCBG Max Azria, my favorite Vince Camuto t-shirt, a cardigan that I purchased from the Brass Plum department in Nordstrom years ago, and a pair of metallic sandals by Nine West. Polish is Your Touch by China Glaze.










Believe me when I say that having the cardigan on while taking these photos was very painful considering it was so very warm. I have learned that living in California, you can never completely store your summer favorites away, as the summer never quite leaves us. Sometimes I envy those of you who get to wear coats, wool scarves, and gloves. But then again, rather than scraping snow from my windshield, I get to cruise around with my sun roof open. Don't hate{wink}




Link Ups:
Monday Bloom
Visible Monday
Monday Must Haves

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison (my sunshine)



22 comments:

  1. Great colors on You. I also get to wear my summer clothes year round in South Fla and I love the unpredictable weather. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I thought you lived in a warm climate Kurves. I could tell by your wardrobe choices as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the color combo!
    www.styleoverboard.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 85! {Sigh} Any chance California would like to become a Canadian province? It would make it so much easier to move there...loving your bright colours Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sorry Sue. I don't think that'll happen. Thank you for the compliment :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I LOVE the combination of yellow and pink. It let's the sun shine - even here in Germany .... :0). You are right, there are parts in the world, where people have to grab their warm clothes ...

    Gruß,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as always Glenda. Sorry I am so late with everything. Hope your weekend was a good one and way better than mine. Love love the color combo on you my friend. And I want those sandals! Pretty puleeze!!!!
    will come back later to check out what else I've missed.
    huggies sweetie
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I purchased the sandals years ago for a special occasion that never happened. I put them in a box and forgot about them until I began blogging.

      Delete
    2. You forgot about them??? Gee!!! I can't say if there are less comments on jeans outfits. I'll have to wait because the older post weren't comment as much as they are now, though. But I the post with the corduroy pants got the average amount, though. But I noticed that the blue striped blazer outfit (shadow play ;-) didn't got much. Wondering why? Oh and I forgot to tell ya that AGAIN we do have the same bracelet. It's the one you were wearing in your bad_ass outfit, remember? Glenda this is kinda strange how often we found out that we own the same things.
      huggies sweetie
      Lenya

      Delete
    3. No way...are you talking about the silver bracelet? I can't remember where I got it. I'm pretty sure it was TJ Maxx. I always happen upon great silver at the one in my area. I'm not surprised because we both like classic pieces.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! The colors are stunning, as are you. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Glenda i would trade place with you in a second - I wish our temp were so unstable and it 85! Us it's more like -25 when it gets unstable
    Great colors btw and did anyone ever told you that you have perfect feet!

    Tks for your comment about my engagement

    Hugs

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Ariane, thank you for the comment. Yes, I've been told that about my feet before :)

      Delete
  8. Whoa! NICE COLOR COMBO girlfriend! I see you love heels must like me. My Mom always told me I had a foot for heels. Perhaps I do but I know I always felt I did because of my Mom's opinion and hunches. lol Have a marvelous week, k?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Renae! Yes, I love heels, but mostly sandals with heels. As a matter of fact, I have a sandal fetish and when the weather gets cold, I find it difficult to have my feet completely covered. I almost feel like it's a phobia of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The saturated colors and heavier fabric speaks to winter in California. Not for the heat, this outfit.
    You have such pretty toes that you should wear sandals as long as you wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, not being conceited, but I actually love my feet and believe that I should wear sandals daily :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda