11.12.2013

The Masters

Hi Lovelies!

In my opinion, a carefully curated wardrobe is one that will take you through many aspects of your life...day to night, winter to summer, from the boardroom to the bleachers, etc, etc. In an instant, the telephone rings, and on the other end, a friend inviting you to a great art opening and wine tasting. Without any worries, you open your closet and pull out a few options for the occasion. You make your decision without hesitation. You're good to go without any quick trips to the shopping mall to find that perfect outfit. There's no need to panic because you already have a closet that works for you and your life.

How does one achieve such a user friendly wardrobe? By dedicating a good portion of your wardrobe to the Masters. Notice I stated a good portion. Always leave room for a little quirk and fun! The Masters are those pieces that can take center stage, or they can work behind the scenes as discrete background pieces. They are your building blocks...the pieces that complement various items in your existing wardrobe, and when paired with others, they allow you to dress on point each and every time. To keep from repeating what has been stated time and time again, I'll refrain from repeating these stellar wardrobe staples. Some of the women I've admired over the decades were masters in wearing the Masters, women like Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and her daughter-in-law Carolyn Bessette Kennedy (my Style Crush HERE), and Princess Grace of Monaco.

Today's look consist of a few of the core pieces in my wardrobe - Winter White Jeans, a Cashmere Turtleneck, a Statement Coat, Great Accessories - They are the Masters. Trust me when I say, these items have never let me down.







What are the Masters in your wardrobe, and have they ever let you down? {wink}


PS. In case you're wondering, the coat was purchased from Anthropologie two years ago, and I simply adore it!

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison 

Link Ups:
I Feel Pretty

18 comments:

  1. A basic tee and classic pumps are my definite masters. You look gorgeous!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are Definite masters Cara! I've got a Vince Camuto tshirt that I've worn with jeans and even an evening skirt!

      Delete
  2. You look Great Glenda. For me Black jeans, shimmery orange top and my black heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, shimmery orange sounds so pretty. I know it looks great on you!

      Delete
  3. I love your coat! The color is really pretty and the cut of it is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat is gorgeous! The masters in my closet are definitely great fitting jeans and a bevy of blazers. A great, well tailored blazer can take any look up a notch :)

    Found you via I Feel Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennae, thanks for commenting. I admire women who wear blazers. I have a couple but rarely wear them.

      Delete
  5. Looking fantastic. Great coat, turle neck, trousers and shoes. What I don't get is open sandals and a coat. ??? Are you not either to cold at the bottom or too hot at the top?
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetje I was inspired by your yellow coat. The temperature was about 65, but it was cloudy. I have this weird quirk about having my feet covered.

      Delete
  6. You definitely didn't need to tell me that was an Anthro jacket! I adore it so....& this look is so classic chic. Your MASTER pieces are so on point! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myisha, I would tell you the price of the jacket, but I think It will piss you off :)

      Delete
  7. I am not going to say that I have a pretty similar coat in the very mustard color. Nope! Glenda that's kinda scary how similar our taste in fashion is, lol. You look gorgeous and the coat is awesome. I love how you paired it with the white pants. Come to think of it, I need some white denim.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda,
    Beautifully rendered and articulated: both on the page and on your form!
    With admiration, XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2013/11/beige-cashmere-and-came-in-layers/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda