11.17.2013

The LBD

Hello Lovelies!

Unless you're having an unwanted financial situation, you don't have to think much about turning on your water faucet and then seeing that pure liquid flow from the spicket. Right? There are some things you just don't have to think about. Such is the case for my outfit selection on today's post...the Little Black Dress or LBD to fashion insiders. The LBD is a constant, it's always relevant, and it's always chic and in style. For myself, my Little Black Dresses have saved the day on many occasions.

Let's be perfectly honest, I'm not always in the mood to think about what I'm going to wear. On those days, when I still need to look pulled together without using too much brain power, I usually reach for my constant Little Black Dress and a few pieces of accessories, and...Tah Dah - a polished ensemble that will take you just about anywhere.

Today's look isn't to show the latest and greatest in a recent shopping excursion. No, it's to demonstrate the timeless appeal of the classic of all classics...the staple that stands against the test of time...the grand dame of any fashionista's wardrobe...the Little Black Dress.

"When a little black dress is right, 
there is nothing else to wear in its place."
Coco Chanel

Today's Look: LBD - Loft (old) Similar, Sandals (these old things), Necklace from Francesca's Collection (old) but I saw a similar necklace on eBay; Wallet from Kate Spade New York; Basket weave gold ring from H&M; Polish is Brownette by Ulta





 



The most poignant suggestion I could make to anyone wanting to add to or revamp their wardrobe is to add a good quality LBD to their wardrobe. One made of a great fabrication that could carry you from season to season. Might I suggest a lightweight wool crepe or crepe blend.


 So, Lovelies, the next time you're needing to dress without much thought...let the water flowing from your faucet be a reminder that the LBD will never let you down {wink}


Link Up:
Visible Monday
Monday Bloom
The Style Record
Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

25 comments:

  1. Hello lovely! I love that you say that in your posts. I do as well! :) I found your wonderful blog via the Style Sessions at Style Elixir.So happy I visited here. What a great blog. I also believe fashion is for ALL women. And thank goodness for Ms. Chanson & the LBD! Come visit me as well dear.

    Debra@stylewisebydebra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra! I'll visit your blog indeed. Thank you for the lovely compliments!

      Delete
  2. The LBD done to perfection, Glenda! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look on you. Love that you added this beautiful necklace on you.

    Hope you had a great weekend.
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous, Glenda, in all its LBD simplicity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute dress, that can be dressed up or casual. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is one reason why I like this one. It is very versatile. Thanks Zalina!

      Delete
  6. Super reminder, Glenda. So many LBDs, so little time! There's one for everyone, aren't there. I sometimes like to play with dressy, black separates, but there's no denying that a simple black sheath and a special pair of heels can take you anywhere.
    Lovely choices, BTW, with your styling! Love your little midi ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wardrobe wouldn't be complete without having a couple LBD's :)

      Delete
  7. Sorry, meant that " There's one for everyone, ISN"T there " It's late ... I'm clearly to tired to be writing comments. Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda! Thanks for the reminder. I have two little black dresses now. I love them. Each one was under $8, which is even awesome. lol I like the sound of a 'statement leg'. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $8!!! Wow, don't you just love deals like that? :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Glenda!

    Tks for your comment! I must have a lBD somewhere in my overstuff closets! But tell you the truth as much as i love a LBD and btw Coco is always right - I don't wear LBD - I love to complicate my life everyday if i wouldn't i would be lost - Am I nuts? maybe, but like you say I have fun with a capital F every day with fashion -

    Ariane xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bravo Ariane! I am on the opposite end of the spectrum...the less complicated the better :)

      Delete
  10. Glenda there is just one word: You are looking stunning!!!
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve chosen this to be one of my “What I Love” looks for this week. I hope you'll keep an eye out on my blog tomorrow.

    Terry
    http://terrystwocents.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect dress. Lovely styled with the necklace and the sandals. I had just given you 10 out of 10 for the pink long skirt. And you are getting it again for this LBD.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One outfit is so simple and the other so frothy. Thanks for the 10's!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda