11.21.2013

Sheer Madness

Hello Lovelies!

I'm not really wearing today's outfit today. How do I know this? Well, for one thing, I've been in bed for days fighting a horrific cold, and two, it's storming down rain today. I took these pictures on Monday when all I had to deal with was a scratchy throat and a few clouds. So with that...on with today's fashion story...

Earlier this year my husband took me out to hear my favorite jazz band at an intimate restaurant. There wasn't any special celebration, we just wanted to spend some alone time away from our two sons. For that occasion, I wore the blouse that I'm wearing in this post. However, I'm not quite sure if it is a blouse. I purchased it from the Grove Vintage. It's made of the most delicate silk. The label simply says Made in France. Because it is so very sheer, it would be safe to say that it may be lingerie. Nonetheless, I choose to wear it as a blouse.

When I first put it on, I realized that I needed to wear a black strapless bra. I stepped out from the bedroom to show my husband. I am very modest and usually dressed very conservative. I thought my husband was going to say, "Are you mad? You're not wearing that in the public!" However, I was wrong. His eyes bugged-out like when Roger Rabbit first laid eyes on Jessica Rabbit, and he then broke out with a huge grin. I guess the top met his approval. So with my sheer blouse/lingerie top, skinny jeans and strappy sandals...just like that, I stepped out to dinner in my new sheer top...ala Carrie Bradshaw.

For today's look, I decided to give my blouse a more conservative feel and paired it with a great pair of wide-legged, wool crepe pants by Jones New York, a jeweled pair of Enzo Angiolini sandals, a simple vintage clutch, and a statement ring.






 



In my opinion, this look could take you to a great after work soiree. During office hours, keep your blazer on (of course), and then for the night time magic, remove it and you're good to go {wink}


Link Up:
Friday's Fab Favorites
Monday Bloom

Photographs by my sheer loving husband :)








25 comments:

  1. Great top/lingerie on You. I would sure wear it out an a date. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the accessories. I too had that same cold a couple of days ago. A friend advised me to take fresh chopped garlic and swallow it (without chewing) and chase it with pure orange juice. I thought that was, gross, but guess what? I felt better the next day. I hope you get better and stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swallow the garlic whole?... I think I will suffer through :)

      Delete
  3. I am new to your blog and I am loving it. I would describe your style as subtle sassiness. Werk!!
    www.styleoverboard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Kym...subtle says sines, and I am glad you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  4. I love this look. You do simple and chic SO well! Feel better...XO!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. (((((G))))) hope you will get better pretty soon. Love the look. Take good care Glenda and drink a lot.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Lenya. I am so tired of this cold. I hope its gone by the weekend.

      Delete
  6. Ever so pretty. I would have liked to see it with skinnies as well. I bet your husbands eyes popped out haha. As an European girl I can tell you, this is a blouse not underwear. And so beautiful. Believe me, sheer is in in Europe.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have sworn in was lingerie. It's so delicate. I'm almost afraid to wear it.

      Delete
    2. No no it is definitely a blouse. And a pretty one. Unfortunately I cannot wear anything anymore which shows a cleavage or my upper arms or elbows. Unless I want to look older than I am. So I can look at you and your blouse and sigh...

      Delete
  7. Glenda,
    Thar blouse is divine! I love it paired with the sleek trousers, so chic!
    You are always inspirational!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your feeling better, Love the blouse very feminine and ahh the wonders of a blazer to keep an outfit modest lol
    Dee
    Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blouse is absolutely gorgeous! What a great find. Isn't it great when we catch our hubby off guard?! LOL! Amazing piece doll. Get well soon! :)

    Debra@stylewisebydebra.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great story! I love it when husbands have that kind of reaction. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very special Jen. It made me feel great all evening :)

      Delete
  11. You look gorgeous for being so sick ;) Hopefully the rest helped and you are feeling better!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda