11.27.2013

Mid-Week Shout Out!

Hello Lovelies!

Normally my Mid-Week Shout Out photo is of me dancing, however, this week, I'm switching things up a bit. This week's shout out stems from nostalgia. Just before my mother passed away, she spoke these words to me...
"One day you're going to fly. But don't just fly, you'll want to soar."

At the time she spoke these words, I didn't quite understand what she meant. As time went on, I began to ponder exactly what she meant by wanting to soar. To soar means to rise, fly, or glide high and with little apparent effort. Oh how I want my life to soar.

Recently, I was approached by the owners of Curated by Glitter to help introduce their line of prints. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had a print that depicted what my mother had spoken to me over 18 years ago, and since I love the color yellow, I chose to show the below print for today's blog post. In addition, you may remember seeing me wear their accessories, like HERE (key charm).

 
Don't Just Fly - Soar print from Curated by Glitter



My 6th Mid-Week Shout Out goes to (drum roll)...

My Turner of Curated by Glitter

My is a young and ambitious wife, mother, business owner and blogger. Her blog is called Chic Glitter Gal. I first met My quite a few years ago, but in the past year, I have gotten to know her better by way of her fun and quirky boutique near my home. I am impressed by My and many young entrepreneurs of her generation. I admire the way they go after their dreams. I was raised in a household where you were taught to follow the basic pattern in life...get good grades, go to college, work in a job, get your benefits, have a family, retire...end of story. Now, in my later years in life, I regret having spent so much time pursuing the path of others and not becoming a trail blazer.

With all the activities in My's life, she still finds time to stop by So What to Twenty to leave a comment.  Please visit My's online store called Curated by Glitter and explore the unique items she has to offer.

Thank you My for all of your comments and support, and like I always end my post - This is for you...{wink}.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I'd love to follow you (bloglovin) and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com.


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when our parents impart great words of wisdom. We may not get it at the time, but when we do.....Wow, what a moment! So glad you like your print, and thanks for being a great supporter, rooter, champion, & friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda