11.26.2013

A Little Quirk

Hello Lovelies!

Well here we Americans are, in the midst of Thanksgiving preparations. This week, I have had cooking on my mind and less wardrobe. Last night I took my turkey out of deep freeze and placed it in the refrigerator so that it can begin the defrost process. I have to give the bird four days to shed its ice. To make Thanksgiving fun, I prefer for my Thanksgiving dinner and table to have a little quirkiness to it, rather than straight traditional. After all, who can go through life without adding a bit of humor...the unexpected? Not I!

In honor of the unexpected, today's outfit is a gentle nod in the direction of the quirkiness that should dwell in us all. When I feel like expressing myself outside of my classic zone, I often head into the Masters of the Unconventional...Anthropologie. On this lovely day, I was greeted with sunny, blue skies and mild temperatures.

Today's Look: Embroidered Corset from Anthropologie, Sweetheart Skinny Jeans from Old Navy, Tights from Anthropologie, Shoes were purchased on consignment, Silver Bangle is vintage, Hand painted bracelet from the Getty Center Museum gift shop, polish is Wicked by essie.





 
   



When the mood strikes, add a little quirk into the mix. My colorful tights sure made me giggle {wink}

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison (the man who finds my quirkiness refreshing)

20 comments:

  1. I love this look on you. It shows off your fabulous figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, Glenda it is the same bracelet, lol. It's unbelievable, mine is just smaller than yours. but nevertheless the same. I am wondering, are we twins, separated by birth or something like that?
    Love your outfit, especially the sandals. Lovely.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right Lenya...we must be twins. I figured you were talking about this bangle when you said it had flower etching on it. Wow, that is so crazy!

      Delete
  3. You look GREAT in everything you wear and especially this top. So....what to twenty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly...So What to Twenty!! Thank you My Kurves :)

      Delete
  4. SO cute! I love the unexpected tights.

    ~Whitney
    whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your top! :) You look so pretty. What a fun outfit. :) Love your style honey!!!

    Debra@stylewisebydebra.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous ,exotic outfit, love it all, especially the yellow socks!
    Happy thanksgiving !
    XX, Elle
    PS- you will see me waking something quirky in a few days....
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your Thanksgiving! It looks like such a fun tradition :-) I kind of wish we would have something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great unique top! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antionette, and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

      Delete
  9. That pop of yellow made me smile too! Unexpected yet perfectly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Alison. Yellow is my favorite color :)

      Delete
  10. Cute top with colourful embroidery.. Love ur braclet..

    http://www.jollychic.com/?a_aid=SIRIUSIT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda