11.05.2013

What I Wore: Orange Burst

Hello Lovelies!

O California, how I love thee! I woke this morning to clear blue skies, a gentle breeze, and a slight chill in the air. Doesn't that sound heavenly?...Just look at the blue sky. And please know that this image is not Photoshopped. That is the actual color of the sky. Sigh.


With such perfect autumn weather, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to wear my latest find, a knife-pleat midi skirt with a painterly design of orange and eggplant. I had such a fun time styling this skirt. Actually, it was quite simple because I already had the additional pieces in my wardrobe. Here is the shocker...the skirt was only $5.00!!! That's right - 5 bucks. I found it at a little boutique near my home and it was love at first sight. Such a playful, colorful and fun piece to wear. When my husband saw me this morning he cracked a huge grin and said, "Wow, you look really cute!"

Today's Look:
Skirt: Glitter Lifestyle Boutique (sold out)
Tshirt: Vince Camuto
Cardigan: TJ Maxx years ago
Shoes: Kenneth Cole (over 20 years old)
Rhinestone Belt: the Loft (years ago)
Polish: Long Kiss by China Glaze
Sunnies: the Loft Outlet
Jewelry: Pieces I've picked-up over the years 

 
 




There's that mysterious shadow again (lol)


I hope you enjoyed this look as much as I'm enjoying wearing it. Well Lovelies, I'm going to enjoy the rest of this wonderful weather. Bye for now {wink}



Link Ups

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison (my hubby)

17 comments:

  1. Glenda you look STUNNING!!!! That's such an amazing skirt.$5 FIVE?! Gee!!! that's one great bargain! You DH is right, you look really cute. Love love the complete outfit. Hey best friend my bracelet looks good on you ;-) just kidding because I have the same one, the one with the heart I am talking about. Love the cute rhinestone belt.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Best Friend...no kidding, you have the heart bracelet too? We seem to have quite a few matching pieces. I'm glad you like this outfit. I felt so pretty in it. I sometimes use the rhinestone belt as a necklace, or bracelet. It's very versatile. :)

      Delete
    2. Yep. I, also have a similar silver bangle, but mine is kinda engraved. Maybe your's too, can't really make out on the photo, though. Yeah we really seems to have a few matching pieces huh ;-) I like it. It's fun isn't it.
      hugs

      Delete
  2. I love everything about this outfit. Very well styled. Also love the remark of your husband when he saw you.
    (I will overlook the socks hahaha.)
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Greetje, you're not a fan of socks! I'm glad you like the rest of the look :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Glenda, I commented on your ensemble yesterday, but it looks like it got lost. I'm a fan of orange, and so naturally drawn to this outfit! The white keeps everything fresh! I can't be sure what I'm more jelly of...the brilliant blue of the sky or those fabulous shoes! And...I adore the socks you've paired with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I thought I saw your comment too. Hmm, I don't know what happened (scratching my head). I'm so glad you came back to comment again. Thank you! You inspire me to wear more color, as I have a tendency to keep things neutral. Would you believe I purchased the shoes over 20 years ago!!!

      Delete
    2. Twenty years ago!! They're in new condition,no curling of the fringe at all! Okay, enough of the exclamation points.

      Delete
    3. I rarely wear them. I love them and want them to last a lifetime.

      Delete
  4. This skirt was obviously made for you! I love how gave it a cutesy school girl look with the socks and cardigan. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly a great skirt Myisha. I think it will become one of my favorite pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's cute, then there's SOOOOO cuuuuuuuuttttteee! Completely adorable ... I really need an orange sherbet cream-sickle right now! Every item perfection, but your little shoes are divine.
    I'm slain! You look beautiful, and it's wonderful that your huz notes it.
    I really miss California. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you are making my head grow! I am so in love with this skirt. I kept looking at it when I visited the boutique. Finally, I decided to buy it and to my surprise it was only $5. I heart California. :)

      Delete
  7. Your skirt is to die for!! Such beautiful pleats and color..aah lovely!! You look awesome!
    http://willfullyelegant.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/simple-perfections/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm in love with the skirt :)

      Delete
  8. Love this pleated skirt and those colors are so pretty! But the socks and shoes steal the show. :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! I have a love for socks :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda