10.13.2013

What I Wore: Soft Hues

Hello Lovelies!

It is the day after the A Daughter's Heart big benefit concert, and as you can probably imagine, I am exhausted. After operating in full throttle for the past 6 months, it feels good to know that I can now exhale and regroup. The evening was a great success! A sold out crowd of compassionate smooth jazz lovers. We raised enough money to continue our mission of supporting persons who are fighting cancer.

Today my mood is quiet and relaxed. I decided to dress in soft hues and flowing fabrics to coincide with my more gentle mood.

Today's Look:
Top: Zara (past season)
Pants: The Loft
Coat: My own custom design
Sandals: Nine West (old)
Necklace: The Loft
Bracelet: The Loft (old)
Ring: Belonged to my mother
Clutch: Can't remember. I've had it forever.
Sunnies: Calvin Klein
Polish: Imported Champagne by Essie

 








Enjoy the week. I will, as I enjoy a much leisurely pace {wink}

Glenda

Link Ups:
The Style Record

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

20 comments:

  1. I'm loving the soft hues on you.:)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I looove your hair, I used to have the same cut! I miss it now :)

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is gorgeous on you!

    Have a great week!

    -Jenny
    http://www.babblingsofamommy.com/2013/10/ootd-feeling-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, I lvoe these beautiful, soft pieces you chose to wear. I am also so pleased for you that the event was a success. You do indeed need to relax. My dad is quite ill with cancer as I write this, so i know where you are.
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, I'm so sorry to know that your dad is going through it. I hate to even give it a name. I'm sure that the blogging gives you at least a bit of relief. At least I hope. When my mom was very ill, I found that journaling was very comforting.

      I am thankful that the benefit was a great success. Now I'm on to organizing a series of preventative workshops.

      Thank you for the compliment on the Soft Hues.

      Take care, Glenda

      Delete
  5. I love your look and style so classy and stylish! Have a lovely time there! when you'd have a minute, you are so welcome to my blog :) . I'd be glad to see you there!

    Have a lovely night to you xx

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya! Thank you for visiting, and thank you for the lovely compliment. Yes, I will visit your blog. Thank you for the invitation :)

      Delete
  6. Sweet and lovable.
    (Sorry to be commenting to so many posts in one time, but I am catchimg up. Mum in hospital and such stuff. Little time. Everything is well now.)
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful!! You mention smooth jazz lovers. Check out my husband at www.joeysommerville.com. This might be 6 degrees of separation. Maybe I've seen you at a show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean, has your husband ever played in Southern California, in particular Spaghettini? Thank you for sharing the link. I enjoy trumpet!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda