10.04.2013

What I Wore: The Naturals

Hello Lovelies and Happy Friday!

The weather can't decide what it wants to do here in good ol' Southern California. Last week we enjoyed cooler temperatures that gave us a glimpse of what autumn would be like. I was so excited about the cooler temps that I began to transition my wardrobe. Slowly I began to store some of my summer pieces and replaced them with clothing suitable for the cooler months. For a couple of days I enjoyed scarves and ankle boots. Such is life...

This week's weather report proved that I moved too quickly. The forecast for this weekend is HOT with gusty Santa Ana winds. Which means in California terms...it's going to be uncomfortably warm and windy. Back to wearing summerish (my made-up word) styled clothing. Trying to keep cool while conducting business can be quite difficult. For today, my outfit is composed of past season favorites that are natural, earthy-hued cottons. No summer brights...it is fall you know.

Today's Look:
Top: the Loft (past season)
Skirt: Banana Republic (past season)
Sandals: Marc Fisher (old)
Flower Pin: Purchased from Nordstrom years ago
Belt: Calvin Klein at TJ Maxx
Sunnies: the Loft Outlet
Nail Polish: Butter London in Union Jack Black
Silver Jewelry: Earrings by Monet, Ring from Something Silver, Bangle is Vintage









Oh California, I love you so, but you make it really difficult for a fashion-loving person to dress for the seasons. What, I ask, lies around the corner? {wink}

Glenda



Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

22 comments:

  1. Cute look! Loving how you added the floral pin!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giovanna, and thank you for visiting So What to Twenty! Lets stay connected.

      Delete
  2. You look so fabulous and cool! c; And I agree--staying cool in the summer while still having to wear clothes is a rather difficult task c;

    Much love,
    <(") Hoda

    www.joojoo-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that skirt!

    Thank you for linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title of your blog! Great casual outfit and your shoes are divine. You look great in a white blouse and the flower is a lovely accent.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, crisp, and classy look. Love the flower pin. (Reminds me that I need to incorporate mine into an outfit.) You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I watched an episode of Sex in the City that reminded me of the glower pin.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute outfit...I love it!! I really like the addition of the flower! Have a wonderful week ahead...you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really nice outfit. Very well styled. I am in love with your sandals.
    And I have added you on my favourite bloggers list.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgoodness, Greetje, I am so flattered. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Hi Glenda, thank you for your nice comment on my last post! I really like your outfit here, my favourite colours! You look lovely :)

    Kisses

    Beata

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the safari colors :-D And the flower is a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. It's fun to add a bit of whimsy!

      Delete
  10. Love this look! I keep trying to leave a comment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamera! That means so much coming from you. I love your style! I'm not sure why there's an issue with the comments...

      Delete
  11. Looking fabulous, so love the crisp blouse with the so pretty skirt ... shoes are beyond the best. But the flower charms completely ....
    Like Tamera, having problems with leaving a comment ... not you, I don't think, but "linkedin".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, Jan, I'm not sure why there is a problem with comments. I too had an issue leaving comments yesterday on other blogger post.

      Yes, the flower makes the outfit completely fun. I love adding a bit of quirk ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda