10.30.2013

What I Wore: Horizontal Lines

Hello Lovelies!

After the rain, there is something so pleasant and refreshing about Southern California. It can almost be classified as a spiritual experience. Today's pictures were taken after a small rain storm passed through the area. It left behind fresh air and a beautiful blue sky...so clean, crisp, and peaceful. With the weather being so lovely, my hubby and I headed to one of our favorite spots. I am a true lover of water and often times, when I need to think things through, being in or near bodies of water has the ability to give me the clear mind that I need.

For a day like today, it's befitting that I wear horizontal lines as they represent the following: They suggest calm and quiet, a relaxed comfort. Horizontal lines are stable and secure. They convey an absence of conflict, a restful peace. Horizontal lines by their connection to the horizon are associated with earth bound things and idea. Love it! So very apropos for today's look.

As you scroll through the pictures, notice the connection between the lines in my jacket and the lines displayed throughout the architecture and the landscape.

Today's Look:
Jacket by Ellen Tracy (TJ Maxx)
Skirt: the Loft
T-shirt: Vince Camuto
Jewelry: Vintage
Ring: Lia Sophia
Tights: Anthropologie
Shoes: Martinez Valero




 



 

I'll leave you today with this view that carries you into the beautiful, endless, blue horizon. Let your mind take you where ever it may lead {wink}


Wednesday Link-Up



Photographs by Frederick & Glenda Harrison

24 comments:

  1. Glenda you look beautiful. Oh btw this jacket is screaming both our names ;-) yours and mine, wanna know why? We do share the blazer, lol, guess what I have the same one. Reminds me could do an outfit with it. Aw isn't blogging fun, to see that we share the same taste and such? Love it.
    Your necklaces are awesome.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry forgot something. I love the photos, it's cool how you played with the shadows and stripes. Looks awesome.
      see ya
      Lenya

      Delete
    2. Hi Lenya! That is amazing, I saw another blogger with the same blazer on today in one of the link-ups. It's such a fun piece to wear. Yes, blogging is fun. I really enjoy it. Especially meeting nice people like yourself :)

      Delete
    3. My husband was once the reluctant photographer, but now he's having just as much fun as I am. He is the one who came up with the shadow play. Pretty cool!

      Delete
    4. Good Morning Glenda. Aw you're such a doll ((())) I think it's so important that your DH is having fun while taken the shoots. It shows in the photos. They are great and the shadow thingy is pretty cool!!!! You always have so great and nice sets.
      hugs
      Lenya

      Delete
    5. Thanks again. Take a look at my newest post called Rebellious. That set is crazy :)

      Delete
  2. That last photo truly IS breathtaking! I love your striped blazer you look so fantastic and confident in theses photos (just as I WISH I looked.) Thank you for popping by my blog and have a wonderful rest of your week Glenda xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Geogina, you're so sweet! I enjoyed your blog very much. You have the confidence to go out into the public to meet and greets, I haven't mastered that networking gift yet ;)
      I'll see you on the blogs!

      Delete
  3. Such a great jacket. Love the layered necklaces too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous photo shoot! Perfectly styled. Love this jacket and skirt. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply love yours style and these photos are absolutely gorgeous! That jacket from TJMaxx is so versatile and can be worn any season. Hopped over from The Pleated Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you hopped over :)

      Delete
  6. Glenda,
    Fabulous post. I do love the way the outfit and the back round melded together, so artistic. Love your outfit. Great post!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2013/11/fur-trimmed-sweater-brisk-november-afternoon/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stripes on that blazer Glenda - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely jacket (I have a similar one), well styled. And the photos taken with this background: superb.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! You outdo the beautiful scenery behind you! Very elegant, understated look ... you have so many sides. One of my style icons, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks Jan. I am really honored that you say that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Glenda! Wow, crazy stripes and teasing on my eyes, you fun gal you. I love this jacket so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was alot of fun taking pix in this location Renae!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda