10.21.2013

What I Wore: Gems and Jeans

Hello Lovelies and welcome to a brand new week with opportunities you have never had before!

This past weekend was very memorable. My oldest son was in a court for a Quinceanera on Saturday. A Quinceanera is the celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday in parts of Latin America and elsewhere in communities of people from Latin America. This birthday is celebrated differently from any other birthday, as it marks the transition from childhood to young womanhood.This was my families first experience in participating and attending the celebration. We had a wonderful time. After the presentation of the young lady, the guests were invited to dance the night away. There were moments when my husband and I shared the dance floor with both of our sons and their friends! It was quite the celebration. The fun of it all took us back to our recent holiday at sea on Carnival. On our drive home, we laughed and recapped the evenings events. I love moments like this.

Today, as I continue to relish in Saturday's pomp and circumstance, I had the urge to wear something fabulous, but being that it's Monday, I still want to throw on my favorite Boyfriends. So what do you get when you want to look fabulously relaxed? You get Gems and Jeans!

Today's Look:
Boyfriend Jeans: the Loft
Sweater: a vintage find
T-Shirt: Vince Camuto
Necklace: Bella & Jack at TJ Maxx
Ring: Lia Sophia (old)
Clutch: the Loft
Sunnies: the Loft
Belt: Michael Kors
Polish: Forever Yummy by Essie












What first time opportunities have you had that have been fun and memorable? Do tell, I would love to hear from you {wink}

Glenda

Monday's Link-Ups:
Not Dead Yet Style
BonBon Rose Girls
The Style Record
DC in Style

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

16 comments:

  1. Loving that necklace! The whole look is effortlessly chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glitter Gal. The necklace was love at first sight!

      Delete
  2. Glenda,
    I LOVE your boyfriend jeans with the polish an sparkle of your well chosen accessories . Love that bag especially! I am so glad you enjoyed that wonderful celebration with your family , and hope that the celebratory mood continues from many days to come.
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great casual outfit!! I love how you glammed it up with the statement necklace and sparkly sandals :)

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madeline, I'm glad you like the look!

      Delete
  4. I love the color of gems in that necklace! Such a gorgeous blue! Your sandals are really cute, too. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Thank you for your comment. The blue is what caught my eye. Its such a lovely hue that can be paired with many items in my wardrobe. I am glad you like the sandals :)

      Delete
  5. the necklace looks beautiful on you! and quinceaneras always look like so much fun -- the girls are so pretty when they get all dolled up in those dresses!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kileen, thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your blog. Yes, the young lady looked like a living doll.

      Delete
  6. Well, there we are ... a perfect way to style your BFs! They've recently been on my mind and on my blog last week ... more to come, because I'm just discovering what you already have mastered! As before, you're a style icon for me, young lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan you are too kind. Just be who you are and your style will take center stage.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda