10.23.2013

What I Wore: Black and White Stripes

Note to self..."Do not take pictures when you are suffering from lack of sleep."

Hello Lovelies!

I thought I'd start this post with a little reminder to myself. This morning I just wasn't feeling my look, nor was I really in the mood for taking pictures. For one thing, I woke at 3:00am and couldn't get back to sleep; and second, the weather changed. All week it had been warm and sunny, but today, it's cloudy and damp (I don't care for dreary weather).

Like many bloggers, I have to schedule my time in front of the camera around my photographers/husband's schedule. Well, my husband said he was available this morning until 11:00am. Without putting much thought into my outfit, I grabbed the easiest thing possible. Oh, and I might I add...I forgot my accessories. Why didn't I end the darn shoot and go home? Anyway, here is the look for the day. Lovelies, I ask for your forgiveness on my lack of enthusiasm on this post.


 
 

By the way, I picked up the dress from TJ Maxx on clearance for $5 bucks! I had to cut about 10 inches from the bottom and take it in under the arms. Other than a couple of adjustments, I think it's a keeper. My patent gladiators are my favorites by Nine West{wink}

I'm going back to sleep,
Glenda

Link-Ups:
Vodka Infused Lemonade
Get Your Pretty On

12 comments:

  1. Girl, you are crazy, you look gorgeous in this dress! I absolutely love the stripes on you!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Cara! I'm going to make you my new best friend!

      Delete
  2. And here comes another new best friend. You do look gorgeous. Do you hear me! Everything is just right. You look classy, elegant yet casual and chic at the same time. Great photos btw. Thx for stopping by my place and leaving such a nice comment.
    xo
    Lenya
    www.fashiondreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look! Understated elegance. You don't need any accessories you look great as is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellyann thank you. I felt nude without them.

      Delete
  4. I tend to be a serial accessories-forgetter--I tell people just not to buy me jewelry, I like it, but forget to wear it! That dress really looks gorgeous on you, it doesn't need any accessories to make it stand out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was half sleep when I forgot the accessories, which I love. Thank you for the compliment Rachel!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous maxi...and what a steal! It's the perfect length too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! I had to cut about 10 inches off the bottom :)

      Delete
  6. If that is how you look when you just grab something.....Very good dress, lovely shoes. You look perfect. Even without jewellery haha.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me when I say...I wasn't in the mood. It took many shots to get the few. I was tired and grouchy and it was very cold, cloudy and drizzly out. I wanted to go back to bed. Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad my mood wasn't visible :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda