10.29.2013

Fun with Fashion: Shades of Gray

Hello Lovelies!

There has been so much press lately about whom will become the leading actor in the movie Shades of Grey that I thought I would do a little fashion play on the color...a color that I absolutely love! To many, gray is thought of drab or associated with depression or indifference. For myself, I love the subdued effect of the shade. When I wear gray, it gives me the ability to wear just about any color imaginable with it. However, I must be careful which shade I choose. For my deep, cocoa complexion, the silver or soft heather tones work best close to my face. Below, you'll see my shade of gray in various combinations. Enjoy!

Shades of Gray


Here are some of my favorite colors that I wear with my shade of gray. You'll notice that I enjoy moving away from the norm of black and white to play with more perky colors. Do you remember my post called Lilac Legs when I wore a gray dress with lilac colored tights.



Either shade of gray you choose to wear, and with whatever color you select to compliment the gray, I'm sure it will be a huge hit. I wonder if the movie will be{wink}


10 comments:

  1. I love the set up of your different grey items Glenda. I agree it complement with each color as it works as a neutral :-). Also love your grey dress with the pink tights. such a great blog, will be visting more often now and follwoign you via bloglovin :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Ani, I am glad you enjoyed the gray set. Its such a great neutral to work with. Thank you for following on bloglovin!

      Delete
  2. And there are those shoes again... <3

    :-)

    Lovely collage, Glenda, I like gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous again. I am with you Glenda, gray is such a great neutral. Love your heels, they are so amazing. About the movie, well we'll see, I don't know about Jamie Dornan, would not be my choice, but then I don't do castings, lol.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe I havent read the book. I am more of a Nicholas Sparks kind of girl.

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy! Love the way you styled these grey pieces. I really want that orange skirt!

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki! Yes, that orange skirt is amazing. I want it too!

      Delete
  5. I simply love your style and you are definitely giving me inspiration to jazz up my wardrobe - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda