10.02.2013

Girl on the Go: Movie Date

Hello Lovelies!

On Wednesday I welcomed a much needed break-a-way day. I and my Board of Directors are still working hard to finalize the last details for our annual smooth jazz benefit for A Daughter's Heart. Just one more week and all of our hard work will come to fruition! In the meantime, I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown on Tuesday afternoon. This is not an exaggeration...I have at least 11 Post-It Notes attached to my computer with lists of items to complete. By the evening, I pulled myself away from my desk, collapsed into bed, and that's all I remember.

So, today, my husband suggested we spend the afternoon at the movies. I welcomed his suggestion with open arms. The opportunity to clear my mind...to enjoy the afternoon with my hubby while our sons were at school. Nice! And of course, my first thought was, "What am I going to wear?" I didn't want to just throw on a pair of jeans and flip-flops. I used this little outing as a chance to get slightly dolled-up...in a casual sort of way. Nothing I have on is new, but are some of my favorite casual pieces. I wanted to munch on popcorn and enjoy a great movie with a cute outfit on.



Today's Look:
Top: Anthropologie (old)
Jacket: Kenneth Cole (old)
Jeans: Old Navy Sweetheart Skinnies
Shoes: Martinez Valero (old)
Wristlet: the Loft (past season)
Necklace: Anthropologie (past season)
Sunnies: Calvin Klein
 


 



 

By the way, we went to see the Butler. Let me add this...that was one of the best movies I have ever seen. It was superb! I cried from start to finish. Tears of sadness and tears of joy. It took me through every emotion imaginable...from sadness to shear happiness. Afterwards, we strolled arm-and-arm through the plaza and stopped off at the candy store so that I could indulge in chocolates with my sweet {wink}

Glenda



Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

22 comments:

  1. Great ensemble! The long top with the short (gold-yes) jacket is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit shows us how much of a stylist you are and you look Great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. That is very kind of you!

      Delete
  3. Great outfit for a night out!!!!!!! Thank you so much for linking up. See you next Thursday.


    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda,
    I love this sophisticated and chic outfit. It it so well done.
    I pinned one of your pics to my Pinterest board, Elegant Dress: Dress Elegant Elegantly.
    Love those shoes!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you Elle! Would you believe the shoes are at least 20 years old!!!

      Delete
  5. Those heels are HOT! Love them! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin :) I hope you follow my blog too. xo

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit choice for a night at the movies, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect outfit for a date! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous you can wear those shoes...they rock! This is a great look for a date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Though the heel is high they are quite comfy.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Pam. Though the heel is high they are quite comfy.

      Delete
  9. Such a nice story. And I know what you mean with these overtime hours and collapsing. I have been doing that for the past months as well. No fun.
    The stress around an event is one of the reasons why I NEVER want to plan an event.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Glenda, I totally forgot to tell you that your outfit is terrific. Could not have been nicer if you had thought it through and through for hours. It has the right look as if to say: "oh I just grabbed this and threw it on. Nothing special..." Lookin a million dollar in the meantime.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Greetje. Isnt it just wonderful being female. We have such fun clothes and accessories, and really dont neef a fabulous occasion to dress up!

      Delete
  10. I was just thinking about rolled jeans, more boyfriend-ish than skinny-skinny. And what top, and what shoes ... then I saw your post. Again, thanks for the tutorial! Great pieces all ... the T-straps just make its cool as it could possibly be.
    Aren't afternoon movies the best? Dan and I do this occassionally, but I have to save my calories for dinner after with a couple of glasses of wine. It's always about the food, for me ...
    Have a great week, and enjoy the fruits of all your hard work for such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. A glass of wine sounds delicious too. For some reason, I must have popcorn while watching a good movie.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda