10.27.2013

Fun with Fashion: Sweet and Coquettish

Hello Lovelies!

I have been feeling positively flirty and playful in the past couple of days. On Fridays, my hubby and I have the opportunity to spend the day together. This is our private time while our sons are in school. It's indeed very special to us since my husband's occupation keeps him extremely busy. During these intimate days, I feel as if we are dating again and I want to dress extra special for our dates. I always want to dress according to my playful mood.

I decided to spend some time on Saturday combing through my wardrobe and coming up with cute date outfits.  One of my favorite outfits that I came up with consist of my little white dress that you have seen HERE. To accent the dress...a jeweled sweater that compliments the blue nail polish. This polish color was a big change for me. Normally I stick with safe colors, but this time, I decided to go daring.

The Look:
Dress: H&M
Cardigan: Cynthia Rowley
Sandals: Via Spiga
Polish: Dining Al Frisco by OPI




 



I purposely didn't use the word sexy in this post because of recent conversations I've had with men. The men that I spoke to said that to them, sexy isn't sexual. I found the quote below that sums in up...

"The notion of sexiness has become sad, impoverished, and synonymous with cheap. I am very sensitive to feminine charms, but I prefer things to be hinted at...a lovely nape, delicate features, or a certain way of moving. I believe you can be sensual as well as modest. Modesty is in itself desirable"
-Christophe Lemaire (artistic director of Hermes)
 

I felt sweet, yet coquettish in this outfit. The flirty white mini dress was sweet or flirty, the jeweled cardigan= sweet, the laced booties=flirty, the fun jewelry=playful and the polish=daring. Perhaps that is the way in which my hubby likes me...sweet, flirty, playful and daring{wink}

Glenda

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

This Week's Link-Ups

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress! I looove the texture :)

    Visiting from the linkup. I'd love for you to come over by blog too and leave your thoughts on my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby. I'm glad you like the dress! Yes, I'll stop by your blog. Thank you for the invitation.

      Delete
  2. Very charming look, and I agree with Abby- the texture of the dress is very unique! Thank you for sharing this beautiful look via link up!!!
    http://dcinstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DC in Style for providing opportunities for us to connect and show our style!

      Delete
  3. This is so cute, sexy and flirty! Whatever words I use, you do look great. This white dress just pops with these sandals. The blue nail polish is perfect and add a stylish detail.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ann, that means a great deal coming from you.

      Delete
  4. Love those shoes, but I love the quote from Christophe Lemaire even more - definitely something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the quote too. It's coming from a man and I repeatedly heard the same thing from my male friends and my husband, that a revealing woman isn't sexy to them.

      Delete
  5. Very nicely done and you know what!? I LOVE YOUR DETAILED CLOSE UPS. In my humble opinion, I think they are considerate, essential and fun for a style blogger to include in their posts. Thank you for your great post today and for your attention to my blog and BLOG HOP, whoo hoooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renae! I'm glad you like the shots. Yes, I agree, attention to detail is very important for a style blogger :)

      Delete
  6. Cute dress! And those shoes, oh Glenda, those shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the whole look! I am really loving the shoes and the Mickey watch! Nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to add a little quirk into the mix!

      Delete
  8. Glenda, I love the texture of the dress and the Rich jeweled sweater, I agree, it is a flirty, sweet look, me you did it with flair!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I would call you sexy and I mean it the old fashioned way. Sensual, feminine, attractive.
    You are so right to dress up for your husband. He is the most important person to please.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree Greetje...he is the most important person to please :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda