10.08.2013

Fun with Fashion: The Playful Spy

Hello Lovelies!

I like to view life as one big story that has many cast of characters. We have all had to play certain types of roles in our lives...a great detective, a heroine, the love interest in a romantic comedy, a mysterious femme fatale...Life can truly be interesting!

Today's post is based on the stories behind the clothing I'm wearing, and is shot on location by a mysterious character at a neighborhood playhouse. Aw, the neighborhood playhouse - the place where great stories are told.

For today's Fun with Fashion, I decided to play the role as a playful spy. Let's set the scene: Hidden behind dark sunnies and a long black coat, when she reveals who she truly is, you'll find a charming and playful character.

Starring: 
Driving Coat: by Vera Wang for Kohl's 
Purchased with my very first paycheck after being a Stay Home Mother for 8 years.
Skirt: by Vera Wang for Kohl's
Was $5.00 after I discovered I had several Kohl's discounts in my wallet.
Top: Vintage 1960's
Was a great trade-win after consigning some of my older pieces.
Purse: by Kate Spade
While a homemaker, I begged my husband for this lovely citrus Kate Spade. He told me it wasn't wise to spend so much money on something that cost more than our mini-van payment. 6 months later, while Christmas shopping, I wandered into Nordstrom. I walked past the sale purses and caught a glimpse of a hint of orange buried beneath a sea of black and brown handbags. I hoisted the bag out and discovered it was the bag I begged my hubby for months ago...now 1/2 off!
Loafers: by Cole Haan
Found them at Nordstrom Rack. They were slightly damaged. I was sold the shoes for $25! Cole Haan for $25...that's unheard of!!
Socks purchased at Nordstrom
Just had to add them into the storyline because they're so darn cute!
Sunnies: by the Loft Outlet
An extra

Featuring, Glenda Harrison, as our playful, yet charming spy...






The Mysterious Character
 





As the story goes, she reveled in the fact that she could move about the premises completely undetected. She was, after all, a pint-sized mother of two...she couldn't be a spy...or could she? But then, a mysterious character jumped from behind the building and captured her on camera without her dark coat.

"How did you know it was me?" she asked in her delicate voice.

"It was your orange purse. What spy carries an orange purse? Unless you wanted me to discover your true identity - a nice girl with a perky disposition." Said the Mysterious Character.

"Fine," she said. "Take the pictures. Take as many as you want. And then afterwards, let's go out. I hear mysterious fellas are a real blast!"

They both chuckled and agreed to keep their alter-egos concealed.

The End {wink}

Have a wonderful week Lovelies!

Photographs by a Mysterious Character

15 comments:

  1. who was that mysterious character?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever and fun Glenda! Love the brown textured skirt and I adore half sleeve coats. Those mysterious shadows cinched it for me! Loved it! and the orange bag..need it say it?
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle, that was really good fun!

      Delete
  3. Glenda! What an entertaining post. I'm so glad you popped by my blog and left your sweet comment. The mysterious character made me laugh. Sometimes, my husband's shadow shows up in pictures and it can look so odd. I love your outfit. Simplicity is often best, I think, and letting the fabrication of the skirt be the star was an excellent choice. Makes for an effortlessly chic look! And are those polka dots on your socks? Be still my heart! Love your dress on your About Me page too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue! Wow, you made my day with your lovely comment. Thank you for following me on Bloglovin. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your great ensembles :)

      Delete
  4. I just looooove the cute white socks :-D It really adds some quirkiness to the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, loving the new banner AND the socks with the shoes (definitely a look I want to try now)!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Cara, I would love to see how you rock the look. Gorgeous as always I am sure!

      Delete
  6. Glenda, while I have already remarked on this wonderful post, i wanted to add that I love your new your new header!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! I am glad you like it. I felt inspired to create a new one that could be used as a logo as well.

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful outfit. And great photos. That coat is sooo good. And the bag and the skirt.
    I am a socks-hater, so sorry , I cannot appreciate that. But that is me and my chip on my shoulder. Has nothing to do with you. Looking fabulous.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your honesty Greetje! I guess socks can lead to a great fashion debate. Should women over 40 wear them. When I was younger, I had quite the sock fettish.

      Delete
    2. See??.. When I was younger I hated socks. Always have. Haha. Just a personal preference.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda