9.12.2013

What I Wore: Re-Purposed Top and Pants

Hello Lovelies!

Yesterday I had such a huge urge to add something new to my wardrobe. I decided to go through my closet in search of something that I could make new and improved, or...re-purpose. If you saw Fashion University, you would have noticed me wearing a pair of teal slacks. Though I love the cut of the pants, I wasn't too fond of the length. What did I do, I re-purposed them and made them into a pair of capri's. In my opinion, the new length makes for a more interesting pant. After giving my pants an over-haul, I was inspired to do a post with a re-purposed look. The top is also revamped. It was once a too big, t-shirt dress that I purchased from Old Navy several years ago. Check out what I did with it HERE. I think you'll be inspired by today's look. Perhaps you'll visit your closet and decide what you can re-energize. It was fun!

Today's Look:
Pants: Originally from the Loft, but re-purposed.
Top: Originally a dress from Old Navy, but re-purposed.
Sandals: Nine West
Bee Clutch: Originally from Talbot's, but purchased from Refinery 29 Shops
Earrings: Vintage
Ampersand Necklace: Little Things on Etsy.
Horseshoe Bracelet: Polka Dots and Moonbeams (old). Similar HERE
Jeweled Cocktail Ring: The Icing 
Belt: Michael Kors
Sunnies: the Loft Outlet

 






Original Old Navy Dress

Would you believe that I didn't use either needle or thread with these two projects? I used the miracle product to all "Non-seamstresses" around...Stitch Witchery! What do you think Lovelies? Do you feel inspired to recreated and re-purpose some items in your existing wardrobe? Rather than chucking your clothes you no longer wear, consider this fun and adventurous approach in DIY {wink}

Glenda

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

4 comments:

  1. I Love how you re-purpose those pants into capris and that dress. I am so inspired that I am going to look at my pants to see which one I can "capri". Thanks.
    http://mykurves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay...it was alot of fun. I wsnt to see what you do!!

      Delete
  2. You did a good job. It does make you want to go through your closet and do a refresh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda