9.19.2013

What I Wore: The 60's Revisited!

Hello Chicks (Lovelies)!

Today I finally pulled myself away from my office space to spend the day running errands with my husband. Finally the weather is more fall-like. We are now experiencing some relief from the scorching heat, here in Southern California. With all the errands for the day, I wanted to be comfortable, but with a retro feel. I was also looking for an excuse to pullout my powder blue flats by Zara (seen HERE).

My look today is inspired by the era in which I was born...the 1960's! A time of free love, social reform, the Kennedy family and Angela Davis. Rags (fashion) had taken an entirely different road from the demure looks of the 1950's. Gone were the nipped waistlines, with fitted bodice and full skirts. The 60's look consisted of mini dresses and skirts, boho was set into motion, skinny pants, mock turtleneck sweaters, pointy-toed shoes, and patent leather was all the rage.

Today, my chosen ensemble makes me feel as if I stepped out of an episode of the Mod Squad...can you dig it? Right on!


Today's Look:
Sweater: 1960's vintage purchased from the Pasadena Flea Market
Pants: Michael Kors from TJ Maxx
Shoes: Zara (sold out)
Belt: Nine West from TJ Maxx
Bracelet: Sterling Silver cuff purchased in Ensenada, Mexico
Rings: Something Silver at Downtown Disney
Watch: Disney
Sunnies: Loft Outlet
Nail Polish: Forever Yummy by Essie

 

 


I would love to pop-a-wheelie on this motorcycle.



Let's Boogie!
What do you think Lovelies? Is my outfit wicked or totally square? You be the judge. In the meantime, me and this cat (my husband) are going cruisin, and then we're going to make-out in the back of his circus wagon. Peace {wink}



Glenda

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

8 comments:

  1. Oh Glenda, that last picture is so fun, haha :-) You look really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. The things we bloggers will do to get a good shot ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures and outfit!! You look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mattania! I hope you stay connected to So What to Twenty!

      Delete
  3. Wicked. Definitely. And it is because of those shoes. Normally I hate flat shoes, but I adore these. Must be how you wear them.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in flats more than heels Greetje. I have a crazy, busy life with to very active teenage sons and husband. If I wore heels to the majority of events, I would be a glutten for punishment!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda