9.27.2013

Fun With Fashion: Lilac Legs!

Hello Lovelies!

One aspect of fall/winter fashion I love is the opportunity to wear colorful and interesting leg wear. During my college years, at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, my first job was working in the accessories department in a large department store. It was during those times that I fell completely in love with adding pops of color and/or texture to my legs for a more entertaining look. I remember the visual display team dressing the mannequins in the coolest, most unexpected hues, patterns and textures. From that point, I began to add fun leg wear to my wardrobe.

Today's look isn't so much about what I'm wearing as a whole, but more about the legs. Because, as you'll see, most of the look is composed of items that I've had in my closet for ages. Recently I popped into Anthropologie (the experts on cool leg wear), and discovered a lilac colored tight on sale. I had to have them! I also purchased a paprika color, and loden green. My shopping buddy for the day said, "What on earth are you going to wear those with?" I just laughed within myself and thought..."What can't I wear them with." Though the color I'm wearing today is from a past season, I want to share the Anthropologie link so that you can see what they have this year. I purposely pulled a look together from older items in my closet to show how adding fun and flirty leg wear can add a lot of spice to your wardrobe.

Today's Look:
Tights: Anthropologie 
Dress: TJ Maxx (year's ago)
Shoes: Via Spiga
Scarf: Glitter Lifestyle Boutique (old)
Silver Bracelet: Vintage
Sunnies: the Loft Outlet
Earrings: Monet (old)


 
 
 



What do you think Lovelies...are you big on wearing colorful, patterned and textured leg wear? If not, I strongly suggest trying them. If you feel uneasy about having a bold leg, then start with subtle looks and work your way up as you gain more confidence{wink}

Glenda

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

10 comments:

  1. Glenda,
    I adore your "statement legs!". Lavender is a great choice, and together with the stunnin strappy shoes, updates this looks beautifully!
    Informative post! So well done!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! I really appreciate the compliment. I wasn't sure about the open-toe, but it worked nicely together.

      Delete
  2. Loving the leg wear and that dress with pockets. Makes me want to pull out some dresses. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...the dress with pockets is the same equivalent to finding a pot of gold :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! By the way, I'm loving your blog!

      Delete
  4. I love your dress and the lilac touch is a good idea; I discover your blog with Visible Monday
    and I like it. Have a nice week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madeco, I'm glad you like the look, and I'll see you on Visible Monday!

      Delete
  5. Awww that is so lovely! Fantastic look, Glenda!!

    I love colored tights very much, and added a few vibrant colors to my wardrobe recently. I plan to add more, though I don't always find what I like in my size. I wonder why is that. Is it because they make less colored tights in XL? Or because more women wearing XL buy colored tights? It is such an enigma to me because I really don't see all these colorful women around. Where do they go in their colored tights? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Anthropologie's tights. The colors are always unique and have a bit of nostalgia to them. If I don't wear Anthro's tights then I prefer HUE or the Nordstrom brand.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda