9.10.2013

Fun With Fashion: Borrow From the Boys

Hello Lovelies!

This coming Fall 2013, the women will be tempted to borrow from the boys to create the Tomboy Chic look that blew-up the runways. I definitely wouldn't classify myself as a tomboy. I'm more partial to the lady-like look that's inspired by the 1950's. But being that I live in a house full of men, I'm willing to give this trending look a try.  Since I adore feminine details, I couldn't go completely masculine. My look for today is a combination of the two. I decided to embrace my femininity by pairing tomboy with frilly...and a tiny spritz of vanilla scented perfume. And though I thought about throwing on my Chuck Taylor Converse, I opted for the patent lace-ups instead :)

Today's Look:
Overalls: Vintage
T-shirt: Zara
Shoes: Payless (old)
Cap: My husbands
Clutch: Vintage
Accessories: Sunnies (the Loft), Earrings (Monet), Watch (Disney)
Silver Ring (Purchased in Ensenada, Mexico), Silver Chain/Heart bracelet (Old)
 






The more I think about this trend, the more I realize...Hey, I kinda like it! After all, with my oldest son being in marching band, I spend many of my weekends, during the fall season, sitting in the stands at football games.
Borrow From the Boys


This look will bring style, plus comfort, and I appreciate that. Take a look below at the set I created on Polyvore. Notice the bottle of vanilla perfume {wink}.

Glenda

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

5 comments:

  1. Right, you have got your gear ready for Sylvia's next challenge.
    I am a hater of overalls (sorry), but I will admit they don't look bad on you. As a matter of fact they do look rather nice (coming from an overall hater, this is quite a compliment haha). The shoes are awesome. Really good. I have a pair like that lying around as well. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greetje! I'm not really a fan of overalls either, but I saw these in a vintage shop for such a great price!

      Delete
  2. I never wear boyfriend pieces as I don't think they suit me, but you can pull it off :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda