8.20.2013

What I Wore: Mellow Yellow

Hello Lovelies!

Today is going to be a very busy day. I'm in the middle of promoting my organizations upcoming benefit concert and I'll have to be in front of the camera most of the day. For the past five years, we have hosted a smooth jazz and wine tasting benefit to help raise funds for the cause. It's an exciting time of year!

I had an another outfit laid out the night before, but when I got up this morning, I was in the mood for something lite, carefree and airy...with a little bit of quirk. I guess that's the mood I'm in! Because I'm in such a chipper mood, and yellow being my favorite color, I chose to wear the same dress that I wore when my family saw O in Las Vegas earlier this summer (seen HERE). An adorable 1950's inspired white dress with yellow polka dots. I love the dress because I adored that era of dress for women...and I'm obsessed with the earlier episodes of the show Mad Men. Just like the dresses in the 50's, my dress has a fitted bodice with a full skirt. Check it out!

Today's Look:
Dress: the Loft (sold out)
Sandals: the Loft (old)
Envelope Clutch: Originally from Talbot's but purchased from Refinery 29 (shops)
Jeweled Bracelet: the Loft
Monogram Charm: Swell Caroline
Jeweled Cocktail Ring: the Icing (old)
Sunnies: the Loft Outlet
Nail Color: Imported Champagne by Essie



There is something just so special to me about yellow...warm, friendly and inviting. Just like the season of summer! Today, I'll leave you with a quote from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:

Then followed that beautiful season...Summer...
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light;
and the landscape lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.

Have a dreamy and magical day Lovelies {wink}

Glenda


Photographer: Frederick D. Harrison


8 comments:

  1. Lovely dress!! I love the bright yellow color and the dots are adorable :) I'm a sucker for a flared skirt!!

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madeline! Thank you for stopping by, and thanks for the introduction to your blog. I enjoy your style!

      Delete
  2. I think you did good changing your mind about the outfit you put together the night before, because this dress is just soooo cute :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda,
    So ladylike and bright. Brings to mind a happy homemaker in the fifties.
    Look modern and stylish on YOU!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so in love with this dress. Loved how you put everything together. You look awesome!!

    KTR
    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KT! I'm in love with the dress too. It is my favorite. And thank you for stopping by. I hope you stayed connected. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. Love it and will follow!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda