8.07.2013

What I Wore: The Lady in White

Hello Lovelies!

I have a funny story to share about my husband. When I first began this world of blogging, and I asked him to take the pictures, he rolled his eyes and complained. Now he's getting into the whole blogging journey and now gives me directions on how to pose. Today, when we finished the shoot and were traveling back home, he began to point out places that he thought would make for a good location. Hmm, I guess he's starting to have just as much fun as I am :)

I'm thankful that the look for 2013/14 is the Lady-like trend. Even though trends come and go from one year to the next, I never stray away from this quiet and demure way of dressing...or in my case, a way of being. For today's What I Wore, I dressed in a vintage inspired dress from Anthropologie. I adore this dress for it's wink at the 1950's era. An attached under-slip makes this dress even easier to wear. At first glance one would think the dress is a no-detailed white dress...but look closely. Delicate scalloped stitching, and a whisper-soft collar add to the dimension and appeal of the dress design. To add a bit more whimsy to the dress, I chose to accessorize it with a chunky, ethnic inspired necklace, a brushed-gold, peau de soie clutch and turquoise, peau de soie strappy sandals to play with the turquoise and gold in the necklace.

Accessories are key to adding dimension to an otherwise simple piece.
Necklace by Anthropologie (sold out)
Pops of color are always a good idea!
A lovely day for a stroll through the park.
Who doesn't love a dress with pockets!
Ring & bracelet both belonged to my mother :)

Just because we are beyond that 20-something stage doesn't mean we can't have fun with fashion. Get in touch with yourself and explore all the many ways that you can express yourself daily through the world of fashion & style {wink}

Glenda









4 comments:

  1. This is ever so pretty. Beautiful dress and shoes. You make a beautiful picture.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention the necklace and that is worth mentioning.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Greetje for the compliments! As Rachel Zoe would say, I die for that necklace. Thank you for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Glenda,
    I love your dress and every gorgeous element you added to it. Perfect Lady-like look, that flatters you! Great post!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda