8.30.2013

What I Wore: Faux Leather and Suede

Hello Lovelies!

Today, in wonderful Southern California, the temperature is 105 degrees! So, let's be real...there is no way I'm really wearing faux leather and suede. In all actuality, I'm wearing a tube-top dress and sandals! But, for the sake of fashion, let's just pretend I'm running about my daily life wearing the below look. Close your eyes and imagine a brisk autumn afternoon, with maple leaves scattered about :)

I've been savoring all the fall look books from various retail stores and fashion houses. I'm so ready for summer to come to an end. Even though I enjoy the long days of summer, the barely there dressing, and the times of leisure; I also love the coziness of fall. My look for today is a precursor for the coming months, and demonstrates a more appropriate and mature way to wear leggings. 

Today's Look:
Faux Leather/Suede leggings: Zara (sold out). Similar HERE
Billowy top: the Gap
Sandals: Nine West
Clutch: Vintage
Shell Necklace: From a seaside store in Redondo Beach, Ca.
Silver Bangle: Vintage
Silver Ring: Vintage from Pasadena Flea Market 
Watch: Disney Millennium
Sunnies: the Loft Outlet

A Maple leaf on the ground. The first hints of fall have arrived.
A billowy, over-sized shirt from the Gap adds coverage so that you can wear leggings to the office.
A statement necklace made from sea shells adds an element of surprise.

Accessories should compliment your look.

Double the fun leggings offer faux leather in the front and faux suede in the back.
Whatever you choose to wear...own your look at rock it with confidence!

I picked up the leggings during Zara's big summer clearance sale while on holiday in Las Vegas a couple of months ago. I've been slowly adding pieces to work with them for this coming fall/winter season. Have you begun adding to your fall wardrobe? If so, what have you purchased? Do tell, I would love to know {wink}

Glenda


Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison
 





4 comments:

  1. Glenda, that look is timeless, and I know I can rock it at my young age of 66!Thanks for this informative, stylish blog.
    Be Blessed in your vision.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bettye Arnold...wow! Thank you for visiting the blog, I hope you stay. 66...you go girl ;)

      Delete
  2. Those leggings are so interesting, with the different back and front. I am also love love loving your sandals :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda