8.27.2013

Fun With Fashion: Ivory Layers of Light

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you all had a restful sleep last night. This morning, after having my quiet time, the word LIGHT popped into my head. The word has a special meaning to me: Direction, being a beacon, etc. Because of this, today's look is inspired by Light.

A few months ago, I went crazy bidding on eBay. Today's dress is one of my wins! Originally from Zara, the dress reminds me of a flapper during the roaring 20's. The dress was a bit too large so I had it taken in. In addition, the shoulder yoke (near the rhinestone collar) originally extended to the end of my shoulders. I had that detail altered as well to show more skin. The dress is fun to wear and the fabric has an luminosity quality to it. You'll see in the pictures. The light of the sun just enhanced the lovely quality of the dress even more so.

Today's Look:
Dress: Originally from Zara. Won on eBay
Shoes: Via Spiga
Lace Clutch: Vintage
Watch: the Loft
Sunnies: the Loft Outlet
Jewelry: Picked up from various locations around So. California
Polish: Antique Bronze by Sally Hanson

Notice how lovely the fabric looks with the reflection from the sun.

A loose fitting 1920's inspired dress proves you can still look sexy without wearing skin-tight clothing.


An easy, breezy no-fuss dress for day or for night.

Love how this Electrical Room door was in the shot for a post that's dedicated to Light :)

Via Spiga lace-up booties in an iridescent gun metal gray.

Antique Bronze polish by Sally Hanson
 
Vintage lace clutch with a variety of silver jewelry.

Aw eBay, you make shopping even more fun!

If you haven't noticed by now, I have a great love for vintage clutch purses. I have several from vintage boutiques, my maternal grandmother, and estate sales. I think they are quintessential chic for both day and night. I travel pretty lite, so they work perfectly for my lifestyle.

With LIGHT on my heart, today I leave you with one of the poems loved by Jacqueline Kenndy Onassis. Have a bright day Lovelies {wink}

She Walks in Beauty
George Gordon, Lord Byron
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes,
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress
Or softly lightens o'er her face,
Where thought serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek and o'er that brow
So soft, so calm, yet elequent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,-
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent.


Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

20 comments:

  1. What completely beautiful fabric. Light, indeed. Tailoring is such an under used styling tool ... it's hard to find a good tailor here. And in many places, I'd guess.
    Subtle changes really make a piece your own, and the sandals are perfect with it. Really appealing, all your choices.
    You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for commenting. I'm a big believer in making your tailor your best friend.

      Delete
  2. Indeed a very very pretty dress. You lucky woman. The shoes are also awesome. I am bad in that department. I always buy pumps, never modern shoes. Which is very risky. It can make a good outfit look dowdy. I need guidance in shoe shopping.
    Greetje
    PS I do not travel light so I need bigger bags. I am a great fan of Furla and Coach. The latter one I can only get from the USA with great problems and a lot of costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greetje! Im what you would call a shoe junkie. I love them!

      Delete
  3. Love your look, dress is chic and so are those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ugeena for the compliment and for visiting So What to Twenty! I hope you stay ;)

      Delete
  4. I've said it before but you look stunning in white! I also love the sandals you are wearing here, super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm in love with the shoes. My absolute favorite :)

      Delete
  5. Glenda,
    What a fabulous dress! it looks like it was made for you. Luminous is the perfect way to describe how you look.
    Love the settings for the photos too!
    This was a treat!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, would you believe $16 on ebay...yep, that is how much I paid for the dress!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Glenda! LOVE these shoes:-) ... and you look so beautiful in white:-) great dress... LOVE, Claudine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudine! These shoes are my favorite :)

      Delete
  7. Glenda, I am loving this repost! What an amazing find, it is so nice to see a luminous dress! my eyes really need to see such visions right now? These photos are so well done, and have a painterly quality to them. Such a lush background . And those shoes!!!!!!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, the fabric on this dress is so beautiful. After the photos were taken, I couldn't believe how the sun just made it come alive. And yes, the area for the pictures was perfect!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad that you reposted as well!
    My leisure time at work has been negated and Google+ posts to the 40+ Group are about the only ones I'm reading these days (because of the phone alerts).
    Thanks for linking this up to my 20s party. I have a surprise in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much do we love Anne M Bray? So much!!!! I'm so happy to have found you through her. And how adorable are you? So adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenda, you are beautiful! This dress is so pretty, and paired with the shoes - oh, just a perfect beauty!! No wonder Anne was inspired too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda