12.17.2013

Silver Bells

Hello Lovelies!

Only 8 more days until Christmas and on the day I took these pictures, it was 88 degrees in my area. Yep, that's right...88 degrees. And on top of that, I had a holiday luncheon to attend. Since it felt like summer, I decided to play with my favorite hot weather metallic - Silver!

The dress that I'm wearing was purchased a few years ago from TJ Maxx, my go-to shopping destination when I need something cute and on a budget. A few years ago, my husband worked on the crew for the short lived Jackson brothers reality t.v. show. So, he and I attended a premier party for the Jackson Family (yes, as in Jermaine, Marlon, Jackie and Tito). I wanted something fun to wear so I ran into TJ Maxx and found a metallic Michael Kors baby doll styled dress. It fit like a glove. To this day, it is still one of my favorite special occasion dresses. I especially love it because I can stuff my face and not worry about the tummy area. I have styled this dress in many different ways: Daytime casual, Daytime dressing, and After Five. It is extremely versatile. As a matter of fact, I took this dress with me on my families Mexican cruise. I wore it for the Captain's Dinner.

So today, I present to you my interpretation of how Californians do Christmas celebrations on a very hot day. The final shot is one I selected from the Jackson party in 2009. Enjoy the pictures!







Tito Jackson, my hubby Fred and Me. I had my hair straightened for the night and I had on high-heeled strappy sandals. 

I adore this dress for so many reasons. Do you have a go to piece that never lets you down for a special occasion? Do share, I would love to know {wink}


Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovin / facebook / Instagram

Link Ups:
Trend Spin
Style Sessions
Visible Monday

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison (my night in shining armor)


23 comments:

  1. You look so adorable in that dress!!!! Totally cute!!! No I haven't such a dress.
    I don't know if you noticed or heard of but strange things going on today with Google blogs, all of a sudden world wide the follower gadget disappeared, search boxes disappeared, other gadget won't work, I have a hard time posting, often it takes three to four times until the post show up.
    Anyway just wanted to let you know.
    hugs sweetie
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks for letting me know. I just posted on Google+. Are they having issues too? I'm glad you like the dress. It's one of my all-time favorites!

      Delete
    2. Dunno Glenda. The entire community is buzzing. It's mostly about the GFC gadget, everyone is posting we should follow via bloglovin, Google had gone rid of GFC for good, that's not true, there ain't no official statement about such a thing. The GFC gadget is still available. I added a new GFC follow button so everyone can follow if he want to, it's just that for the time being the photo box is missing and therefor you can't see how many followers the blog has. It shows in your dashboard, but not on the blog itself. Others can't use the search box any longer, while some can't use any added gadget at all. As I said in the above the community and the forum are buzzing with complaints. We just have to wait, no official statement as of now. At least not that I heard of, though. And every post I do I copy before hitting the publish button, otherwise I would have to type it all over again :-(
      Just checked your preview is working, at some other blogs it doesn't work, e.g. at Anna's

      Delete
  2. That dress really is pretty and a bit glam--perfect for a holiday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog Glenda, I used to live in SoCal and boy do I miss those winters lol I love your metallic dress the detailing is pretty just perfect for the holidays!
    Dee
    Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Dee Kay, and thank you for popping over :)

      Delete
  4. I love this dress you are wearing. You are completely Fab......I am a tad bit jealous because its snow everywhere here but I will be flying to Florida this weekened so Ill enjoy some fun in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teea,
      Enjoy your time in Florida! I always think that people of thinking I'm bragging about the warm weather when actually, it makes it tough to plan outfits. One day it's hot, the next day it's cold.

      Delete
  5. {{{Sigh}}} 88 degrees...sounds heavenly! But to be honest, I do actually quite like my climate for the most part.

    Your dress is perfect, and I laughed out loud when I read about how you can stuff your face when wearing this dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt that what we all want to do at a party...stuff our faces :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a beautiful dress and I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress and the classic "stuff yer face" cut. I especially love those bowler hats on Tito and your husband!

    Send some of that warm weather up here would you? I'm sick of winter cold and snow.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Suzanne you are so right about that "stuff yer face" cut! Well guess what, today it is cold and cloudy and we're expecting a winter storm. Maybe the warmth will travel your way!

      Delete
  8. Nice Nice Nice and how cool is that - Tito Jackson!!! TJMaxx is definitely the place to go for a special occasion outfit and yours was perfect. No 80's here in Delaware but it's supposed to be 70 degrees on Friday - Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jackson family was very nice. My husband and Tito really got along well. We're expecting a storm Antionette. So the 80 degrees has left us for now.

      Delete
  9. Oh, yummy. You look just as beautiful now as then, and that makes the dress a keeper. It sure is a day or night number, isn't it. Bet you have a head full of ideas how to dress it up or down.
    Gorgeous you.
    Nope ... can't think of a dress or a particular outfit, but I have go-to shoes that I think of more readily. In fact, I often start with shoes to put together an outfit.
    Batten down your hatches for the storm, and stay warm and dry, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, your messages always bring a smile to my face. Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Silvery. Suits with holiday vibe!
    http://www.smizewithstyle.com/2013/12/basic-black-type.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great dress!!! TJ Max is good for you (just saw the overall). Looking ever so nice in it.
    Styled it well too.
    I don't really have a much loved, always good thing. Perhaps my purple silk jacket/blouse. That would always be good. But in summer. It has to be warm.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TJ Maxx. They never let me down. And I'm partial to a particular one, even though there are several in my area. It's amazing how each one carries such different merchandise. Shades of purple are going to be big spring 2014!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You deserve to be celebrated!