12.12.2013

Feeling Blue

Hi Lovelies,

I've been feeling somewhat melancholy lately. I've just had a lot of things on my mind. To help with my blue mood, my husband and I decided to take a walk around the local lake. There is something so tranquil about bodies of water that cause me to lose whatever tension I may feel. I named this post Feeling Blue because that indeed was the way I felt, but also because of the calming blues of the lake and sky, and of course, my blue jeans.

My husband is always camera ready and decided to snap some pictures even though I wasn't in the mood. After he took the pictures, he thought that I looked cute, so I made the decision to post them. My suede boots were from J.Crew and were purchased many, many years ago. The suede jacket was from Nordstrom - also purchased many years ago. Boyfriend Jeans from Loft, Palomino Belt is by Michael Kors. The only newish item I'm wearing is the pleat-neck silk top by Joe Fresh (JC Penney)






The walk around the lake was so therapeutic, and hearing the loving advice from my honey was very helpful. We left the lake and decided to visit one of our favorite taco stands (Chronic Taco) for lunch. I feel much better now. Tell me Lovelies, what do you do to give yourself a boost when you're feeling blue? It's o.k. to feel down on occasion, the key is to find a way to get back up{wink}


Like what you see? Then follow me... bloglovin / facebook / Instagram

Link Up:
Visible Monday
Working Girl with Style

Photos by Frederick D. Harrison (my sounding-board)

27 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda, I can relate to the blues, with so much going on in my personal life, just can't really explain why. The holidays usually make me feel a little sad, wishing my Dad and sister were still around. Hope your spirits get lifted as the week goes by. Your hubby did a nice job with the pics, you look lovely as ever :)
    take care,
    Monica
    http://glamvolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, you are very sweet. Today's walk and talk made me feel much better. I believe you're right about the holidays bringing on the blues. I hope that your spirits will be lifted in the good memories of your loved ones.

      Delete
  2. Glenda,
    it seems you are always post ready! S that you hubby is always phot ready makes you perfectly suited! love your casual outfit !
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle. Not really, many times I am wearing jeans, tshirt and flip flops.

      Delete
    2. Glenda, when you pull on just something , it is well done, I know it!
      XX,Elle

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you're feeling blue. (((((Glenda))))) Nevertheless you look gorgeous, glad your DH took the camera with him and took some shots of you. Hope you feel better soon, sweetie.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look. Love that you cuffed your jeans, it added a unique detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st, I love this look. Very nice styling! Those jeans are my fave. I'm glad the walk helped clear your mind a bit. When I feel down, I usually put my headphones on, blare my music and zone out as I write in my journal. Music & writing is so therapeutic for me. Once I get it all out, I feel a refreshed.

    Have a great weekend...XO!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reminder about journaling. It is very therapeutic. Glad you like the look!

      Delete
    2. Glenda,
      Hi! Love you on Lucky Community!! I just did a post on my blog about S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) where lack of sunlight can affect our moods. You always look fab and great photos by your hubby. Check out S. A .D. on http://theageofgrace.com

      Delete
  6. Thanks for being real. I think holidays can be a little tough for most people. I'm thankful that most of the time I can talk about my feelings with the hubby as well. So thankful for him!

    PS. I agree with your husband--these photos look great!

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. We are both blessed to have husbands who listen to us :)

      Delete
  7. You look so stylish and pretty! Sometimes you don't need the most up to date fashion to look stylish. You did a fantastic job of doing that!!! Thank you for stopping by :)

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit down, Glenda. Very sweet of your hubby to try and cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could really use this environment right now with lots of sunshine! Ukraine is so cold now,so when i'm feeling blue,i just listen to music..love the photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog..
    www.modavracha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost 90 degtees today in California! Thank you for stopping by as well :)

      Delete
  10. Your husband was right. You do look cute. And I think I would have followed the same therapeutical road you did when I was down. Does not happen much lately but it has and it will.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that a walk in such a beautiful and relaxing place had made you feel better...in Christmas time I often feel myself a bit melancholic so I can understand you....enjoy the sun, and the bright light around you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan, and yes, the walk was very helpful.

      Delete
  12. He was right ... you look adorable. So sorry for the blues ... I get them this time of year, a bit, as we all do from time to time. So sweet to share the therapy methodology! I turn on my favorite music, crank it loud and, grab my little 3lb. dumbells (yes, really!) and dance like a crazy woman with my dogs ... they always are my best dance partners. The dumbells make it a workout, and I always feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea Jan - to dance with dumbells. Normally I would have had a good workout, but on that day, the weather was so gorgeous, so we opted for a stroll around the lake.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You deserve to be celebrated!