12.15.2013

Colors

Hello Lovelies!

I was so happy to hear the announcement of the Pantone trend colors for spring/summer 2014! For some, this announcement goes without any effect, but for myself, I find it a thrill to see which colors will be played with for the coming season. With great anticipation, I look forward to see what fashion & style bloggers (including myself) will be wearing. Isn't this exciting?!!

As many know, this season baby soft pink was all the rage. Though I didn't jump on that trend (I'm not a soft pink kind of girl), I am excited about many of the colors that Pantone has announced. The ten (10) trend colors that Pantone announced are: Placid Blue, Violet Tulip, Hemlock, Sand, Paloma, Cayenne, Freesia, Celosia Orange, Radiant Orchid and Dazzling Blue. From the 10, I selected my top six (6) favorites, and they are:

Placid Blue, Violet Tulip, Hemlock, Sand, Paloma (Dove Gray) and Dazzling Blue

Though my "heart" colors are my own interpretation (I tried to match them as close as possible to the Pantone wheel), you can see the actual colors and their descriptions on the following YouTube video. Enjoy.



And now for a perfect example of how these colors will fit into your spring/summer wardrobe, check out the J.Crew SS14 presentation from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week...



Did you spot the colors from the Pantone video? I did, I saw just about every color mentioned in both the women and men. Which are your favorite colors and what do you see yourself wearing for the coming season? Since I live in California, I can imagine wearing Sand with just about every hue while vacationing in the desert community of Palm Springs. I'm so excited I could explode a lovely rainbow of color{wink}

Like what you see? Then follow me... bloglovin / facebook / Instagram

16 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda!! I enjoy seeing what colors are predicted even though I tend not to pay too much attention. :-) But sometimes it opens my eyes to possibilities I might not have considered. I loved last year's green, and I do like those violet-y blues. Looking forward to seeing how you interpret your faves. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for colors and look forward to adding splashes of this and that. Thanks for stopping by Jean!

      Delete
  2. Tricky for me. Too many pastels although I did see a few bright colours too (my kind of colours). But I have so many spring and summer items, I think I can save two seasons and not buy anything. Will be difficult for the blog.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never go an entire season without buying a few pieces. I don't buy a great deal, but a couple of items here and there. I love the dazzling blue and the hemlock (green). My home is done in various shades of sage green. It's very soothing.

      Delete
    2. I love green!. And red, yellow, orange, purple... And what is the other new Pantone colour? Rapid Orchid or something? Something with Orchid and the colour is bright fuchsia. Yes that is me.

      Delete
    3. Radiant Orchid. Yes, that is lovely too.

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'm new here! May I comment...? Spring/summer collection...that sound as a dream to me! ( winter is soooo long ) .
    I can't wait to wear all those wonderful colours ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Dan! Of course you can comment anytime. Since I live in Southern California, it tends to be spring and summer all year round.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm I don't know... I don't really see myself wearing any of these to be honest. I think they'd wash me out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some bright Melissa. You'll have to view the video.

      Delete
  5. I actually love every single one of these colors. J. Crew's presentations get me every time, I want it all!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving them all but most especially the Dazzling Blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that color too. And the Hemlock :)

      Delete
  7. There's so much to like here. I like pastels and look forward to wearing some this spring. I love the bright colors too. I could see you wear the bright blue? JCrew is designing some winning looks, must take a look in the store this spring. Great post!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore JCrew. There use of color in their collections is always so clever. As we speak, I'm having a skirt made in the Dazzling Blue :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You deserve to be celebrated!